I would like to declare that I haven't cried today. Not a single tear. When Storygirl turned 4, I was very teary-eyed which made her super scared.
She was afraid she was going to die.
So I vowed to her then and there that I would not cry on her birthday. And for the past 2 birthdays I have kept my promise.
This girl is funny. I'm either laughing at her (yes, AT her) or I'm pulling my hair ready to scream!
There is no middle ground with Storygirl. She is either sweeter than pie or more aggravating than a sour apple!
It's her artistic temperament.
Because we all know that artists are slightly
To celebrate her birthday, let me tell you 6 things that make me laugh about Storygirl!
- When she knows she is being funny, she gets this grin that she tries to hide and she totally can't.
- Last year for Christmas, she cut out pieces of paper and shaped it into a sailboat. She then, put those pieces in a box, and insisted on wrapping them for her sister! When Sweet Girl opened her present, she asked, "What is it!" And with much enthusiasm and delight, Storygirl declared, "It's a paper boat!"
- When we went to the Holidazzle parade, we brought my friend's tupperware to return since we were meeting them there. When Storygirl asked why we were bringing the tupperware, I told her, "At this parade, they throw tupperware!" Apparently, she believed me because halfway through the parade, she looked at me in disgust and said, "They haven't even thrown any tupperware yet!"
- Her room is always a mess. (I am choosing to laugh at this --but it is easily something I can pull my hair out over!)
- She won't talk to people she knows really well, but she will chatter the nurse practitioner's ear off at Minute Clinic--and no, we don't go there that often.
- Instead of a sticker after she got her flu shot, Storygirl stomped out of the room and said, "I want to find Mrs. Deb." And so she did. And we left there happily!
Happy Birthday, Storygirl! You are an interesting and special little girl. We won't ever be able to put you in a box because when you were created, you broke the mold.
I love you!