Meet Jason of Kim and Jason and Escape Adulthood.
Chris's mom introduced me to them about a year ago--6 months--I'm not sure. Their mission in life is to experience it in its fullness. Their website is super fun. Lots of great ideas. My favorite one so far was about Ugly Christmas Cookies .
They have one Sweet Pea and one Buddy. Kim and Jason love to share how they have chosen to embrace life and not become too serious. Escape Adulthood is a perfect way to remember that life is worth enjoying. Please go on over and check it out!
So without further adieu, here's Jason.
1. Who are you?I am a dad who also moonlights as an artist, author, and professional speaker. My wife Kim (a former kindergarten teacher) and I make it our mission in life to fight Adultitis and help people use strategies from childhood to create lives with less stress and more fun.
2. Who are your Sweet Peas and/or Buddies?
As of November 30th, we now haveTWO little ones! Three-year-old Lucy is delighted to have a baby brother. His name is Ben, although he was affectionately called "Poom" the whole time he was baking in Mommy's belly.
3. What do you like to do with your Sweet Peas & Buddies?
I just love staring at Ben. Babies are the best! The other day I watched football while he slept on my chest for two hours. Best. Thing. Ever. And Lucy is at the coolest age. My favorite thing to do with her is go to the pet store. She loves looking at and playing with all the animals, and hasn't yet figured out that they're all for sale. Bonus! (Hahaha!)
4. What is your favorite part of the day with your Sweet Peas & Buddies?
Right now, it's the mornings. I bring Ben into Lucy's room and we all snuggle in her bed while Mommy gets an extra half hour to sleep. I only hope they get along so well as teenagers!
5. Can you describe an interesting or unforgettable moment with them?
Of course, their births were amazing. Kim just posted Ben's birth story on our blog. Last year we had a chance to go to "Bisney" World with Lucy. She loves Snow White, and a friend who works there arranged for us to meet her. Pure magic.
6. How do your Sweet Peas & Buddies challenge your life?
They've single-handedly made my life busier.
7. How do your Sweet Peas & Buddies enhance your life?
They've single-handedly made my life richer.
8. What challenges have helped to define you?
Well parenting is definitely the hardest job I've ever had. Kim and I kept a journal during our first year of parenting, which was an awesome way to record the ups and downs of the job. Here is a link to one of my entries:
9. What triumphs excite you?
10. Tell us about your website.
Of course, our main web site is http://www.kimandjason.com. I'd be remiss if I didn't also point out our Guide to Cheap Family Fun, which has been very well-receieved by folks who are looking to create more memories with their sweet peas and buddies but don't always have the money for expensive excursions of the time to dream up no-cost alternatives. http://
Can you see why I am so happy to get to know these cool people? They are so down to earth and make you chuckle at the same time! They are my kind of people. I hope you check them out!
They also do speaking engagements. Currently, they are in Minnesota! And no, I can't go see them, but if you are in Rochester or Mankato, you can enjoy them yourselves and in person!