2. Even in the midst of the insane Mama's-alone-with-four-kids-before-Christmas schedule, Sweet Girl participated in our church's Christmas Concert. This was the best song in the whole concert! (this video is not that long since I just recorded the kids' verse! And seriously, this was my favorite Christmas song this year--yes, I've heard it in the past and it was always good, but this year it was that much better being that Sweet Girl was involved)
3. I was able to have a modified Ugly Christmas Cookie Party. (we had friends over, and to keep things moving smoothly we decorated the "State" Cookies I had
accidentally intentionally made)
5. We don't have a fireplace, but we found a great place to hang our stockings! After we pounded in the nails, we are good to go for as long as we live in our house!
6. We don't have to do another gingerbread house for another year! Yep, not really caring to do that again for another year. My word for this Christmas season was "SIMPLIFY" but we may not have wanted to simplify on this! It was quite disgusting. Even the sweet peas and buddies didn't want to eat any of it.
7. One of my favoirte parts of the Christmas season is the Cubbies Nativity parade we do.
|Our shepherd staffs we large plastic candy canes.|
|There's no rhyme or reason. We just wander around the church.|
|Our Angel wanted to carry a "staff," but there were none left.|
Sooo I grabbed an umbrella. He was fine until he wanted it opened.
He wouldn't stop, so I finally opened it.
Then, he was happy as a clam. And he had the rest of us cracking up!
|"Mary" celebrated her half birthday--that's why she has a crown. |
Our Mary was always trailing behind....waaaaayy behind.
8. My favorite gift from sister to sister. "It's boat pieces!" And that top piece is the country the boat sails to!
9. Open presents everywhere, but who cares when Dad FINALLY let us play with his phone!
10. Spending Christmas day worshipping Jesus who was born to save us!
Ps It was 52 degrees here in Minnesota on 12/26/11. It's a Christmas MIRACLE!